About St Michael's Parish
A Brief History
St Michael's Catholic Church in Dorrington was first established in 1952. Father Sam Hunter was appointed as the first parish priest of the original small wooden church. Situated on a prime piece of land along Banks Street in north west Brisbane, Archbishop Duhig sought to uphold his dream – to have Churches within walking distance of every Catholic family.
The larger brick church which stands today was completed on 17 May 1975. The old church is now located on the second level of the land and is used as the Parish Hall.
Spiritan priests have been at St Michael's since 1971, with the current priest being Rev. Patrick Doran. CSSp, or more commonly known as Father Pat.
More About Father Pat
The Spiritan Order
Celebration Times - Mass, Reconciliation, Adoration
Parish Pastoral Plans
The current Pastoral Plan outlines the current and on-going activity at St Michael's Dorrington. It is a living plan. The objective is to fulfil the nine goals outlined below as determined by the Brisbane Archdiocese Synod of 2003. The tenth goal is our vision to continue the Spiritan enrichment of this Parish.
Parish Pastoral Plan - 2013 to 2016