St Michaels Dorrington was first established in 1952, with Father Sam Hunter appointed first parish priest of a small wooden Church. Situated on a prime piece of land along Banks Street, Archbishop Duhig sought to uphold his dream – to have Churches within walking distance of every Catholic family.
The brick Church which stands today, had completed construction on 17 May 1975. The old church is now located on the second level of the land which is now used as the Parish Hall.
The current priest at St Michaels is Fr. Pat Doran. CSSp.(email)